LWV of Dare County is an all-volunteer organization. Our volunteers work year-round. There are countless ways to make a difference. If you are interested in learning about opportunities to volunteer, contact us.
The following are just a few ways in which members can get involved.
- Participate in get-out-the-vote projects
- Register voters
- Participate in League decision making
- Join an existing committee to work on important public policy issues
- Help plan important League events
- Propose and lead a new project or committee
- Attend the LWV of Dare Annual Meeting
- Help organize and host Candidate Forums
- Contact elected officials regarding a local or state issue
- Write letters to the editor in support of League positions
- Observe local government meetings
- Respond to action alerts from the League
- Stay informed
- Attend our community presentations and events
- Research an issue within a League committee
- Attend our Candidate Forums
- Use the online voter guide provided by the League at VOTE411
- Visit the League of Women Voters and the NC League websites.
- Assist with operation of the organization