Nov. 7 – Election Day
Oct. 13 – Voter Registration Deadline
Oct. 6 – Absentee ballots will be mailed out
Oct. 31 at 5 pm – Requests for absentee ballots ends
Nov. 7 by 5 pm – Absentee ballots are due
Oct. 19– Nov. 4 – Early voting begins/ends
VOTING IN PERSON? Bring your ID. VOTING BY ABSENTEE/MAIL-IN BALLOT? Include a copy of your ID.
You will need one of the following ACCEPTABLE ID’s
- NC Driver License
- NC non-driver ID
- US passport
- US military or Veteran ID
- Tribal ID
- FREE ID (obtainable from county Board of Elections by 5:00pm on Nov. 3, 2023). No appointment is needed.
- FREE Photo ID (obtainable from NCDMV)
- NC Student ID (approved by state board of elections
(As of 7/17/23, COA and Dare Co. High Schools are NOT yet approved)
- NC government employee ID (approved by state board of elections)
- Out-of-state driver license (only if voter registered in NC within 90 days of the election)
DON’T HAVE AN ACCEPTED ID?
YOU CAN VOTE! Ask for the Photo ID Exception Form and a provisional ballot, you will be allowed to vote.
FORGOT YOUR ID?
- Go home and get your ID.
- Or, vote with a provisional ballot and bring your ID to the County Board of Elections by 5 pm on November 16, 2023
For additional information, please use this link to the NC Board of Elections website: https://www.ncsbe.gov/voting/voter-id